· Chinese mining company Zijin Mining Group has signed a binding arrangement agreement to acquire Guyana Goldfields for a consideration of C$323m (around $238m) in cash. The Chinese miner has offered Guyana C$1.85 ($1.36m) in cash for each common share, which is 35% higher than a previous proposal from Canada''s Silvercorp Metals.
· Guyana Goldfields Inc. is a Canadian based gold producer primarily focused on the exploration, development and operation of gold deposits in Guyana, South America. About Zijin Mining Group Co., Ltd.: Formed in 1993, Zijin is based in Fujian, China and is a leading global mining company specializing in gold, copper, zinc and other mineral resource exploration and development.
Guyana Goldstrike Inc. trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GYA. The company currently has 11,690,406 shares outstanding with a $1.25MM market capitalization. Gold Mountains Asset Management Ltd ., ( owned subsidiary of Zijin Mining Co., the largest gold producer in Chinese) currently owns 20% of the company.
· As S.A.B. Mining director, Barry Kevin O''Rourke guides operations that source diamonds and gold from locations in Guyana''s interior. An avid football fan in his free time, Barry Kevin O''Rourke earned his A-level degree in sports science at comprehensive school in
· Goldsource Mines Inc. is a Canadian exploration company focussed on its -owned Eagle Mountain gold project in Guyana, South America. The project offers a unique combination of resource scale and tangible opportunities for production scalability via the presence of significant soft-rock saprolite mineralization.
· Guyana is regarded by many leading gold mining companies as one of the world''s most prospective and under-explored gold bearing nations. In the decade from 2005 to 2014, gold mining contributed, on average, $350 million each year to Guyana''s economy. Guyana''s gold mining industry dates back to 1849, when gold was discovered in Essequibo.
· Among Guyana''s leading export goods in 2011, gold accounted for 45 percent of the country''s total export earnings.  Furthermore, the current output of gold is expected to increase significantly, particularly due to the ongoing development of Guyana Goldfields Aurora project, a massive mine, which once completed, will double the country''s current gold production.
· Guyana''s extractive sector contributes with 18.2% of employment. The production of oil in Guyana kicked-off in December 2019 - less than five years after the first discovery of hydrocarbons. This Liza offshore block represents one of the largest oil discoveries of the past decade, with resources estimated at 2.25 to 2.75 billion oil-equivalent barrels.
Guyana Goldfields Inc. is a Canadian company that is involved heavily in the gold mining industry in Guyana. Their Aurora mine is expected to produce 145,000-160,000 oz of gold in 2019. According to a March 2019 technical report by the company total proven & probable reserves in the Aurora mining project are 26.9Mt.
· Mohamed''s company gets approval for quarry operation. Nazar "Shell" Mohamed under the Hadi''s World Inc franchise has been given the green light from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to commence its quarrying operations. The licence was on Tuesday issued to the company by Natural Resources Minister, Vickram Bharrat. When ...
· Gold mining is a global business with operations on every continent, except Antarctica, and gold is extracted from mines of widely varying types and scale. At a country level, China was the largest producer in the world in 2020 and accounted for around 11 per cent of total global production. Our interactive gold mining map provides a breakdown ...
· Omai gold mine tailings dam, Guyana. In August 1995, the tailings dam at the Omai Mine in Guyana failed, spilling mine tailings containing cyanide, heavy metals and other pollutants into the Essequibo River. About 23,000 people live in the region surrounding the river, and they rely on the river for drinking water, bathing and fishing.
Mining in Guyana is managed by the Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC) under the Mining Act of 1989. The Act allows the GGMC to be the guardian of all minerals in Guyana. Therefore, permission must be received from the GGMC, before any exploration ...
· Comprehensive list of Gold stocks companies listed in All Countries, including company profiles, charts, stock quotes, news and user commentary. Compare ()Company Ticker Last Price (native) Change (native) Change (%) Day Low Day High 52 Week Low 52
· Troy Resources is one of several foreign-owned, large-scale gold-mining companies operating in Guyana. Troy Resources began operations here in 2013 after buying over Pharsalus Gold. According to the company, it initially spent approximately US$76 million on plant and equipment, plus construction of the processing plant and mine development before starting production in 2015.
Mining has surpassed the economic importance of sugar in recent years, making up a sizable portion of Guyana''s GDP. The large-scale gold and bauxite mining operations are all foreign-owned, but the vast proportion of gold and diamond mining is done by small and medium-scale miners.
· For gold mining companies, you want future reserves to be valued under $50 per ounce. For silver, under $2 per ounce. These are general guidelines. For gold mining companies, you can go as high as $100 per ounce (if you think the company is going to …
· On Monday, Gran Colombia Gold Corp. proposed a counter three-way merger with Guyana and Gold X Mining Corp. Last week, China''s Shandong Gold Group announced it would pay US$149 million for TMAC Resources Inc., which operates a single mine in
· The Guyana Gold Board is in talks with a German company to trace the origin of gold to avoid the smuggling and declaration of the precious yellow metal here from other countries, Chairman of the Gold Board, Dr. Gobin Ganga said.
Sandspring Resources Ltd. (TSX.V: SSP) is a Canadian-listed junior gold mining company leading the responsible development of South America''s emerging western Guyana gold district. Focused on bringing into production its -owned 4.1 million ounce Toroparu Gold Project, Sandspring continues to explore its 98,214-hectare concession with the