· Chinese mine explosion kills 203. Investigations are underway into the cause of the accident. At least 203 miners have been killed after a gas blast at a coal mine in China, state news agency Xinhua said. The accident, in China''s north-eastern city of Fuxin, is the most deadly reported mining disaster since the communist party took power in 1949.
London-listed iron ore development company Afferro Mining has confirmed speculation that it is in the midst of negotiations that are likely to conclude with either a strategic investment or takeover.The discussions are stated to be with "multiple parties" and centre on ...
· Space mining will play a critical role in allowing humanity to venture away from the planet on a regular basis. Building giant spacecraft on the ground and then launching them is hugely inefficient, especially when there is an almost unlimited source of iron and titanium already in space.
Afferro Mining has confirmed it has received a takeover offer from International Mining and Infrastructure after speculation in the press. Afferro said it has received an initial approach from IMIC, adding that its suitor would be prepared to make a bid at between 115p and 140p per …
In these two countries, the mining sector has been making a long and intrinsic contribution to socioeconomic growth. Ghana has experienced investment boom since the 1980s, and Zambia since the 2000s.The major challenge to African countries today is how to design and implement effective industrial policies that will promote industrialization and economic transformation.
Beleaguered RJB Mining welcomes a £1bn deal to supply coal to PowerGen until 2003, giving needed respite to the UK''s main underground coal producer. Wednesday, December 16, 1998 Published at 11:17 GMT Business: The Company File RJB Mining fuels
· Affero Mining and its wholly owned subsidiary Mano River Iron Ore Holdings have entered into a legally binding heads of terms agreement for the planned stake sale. Afferro Mining CEO Luis da Silva said that the divestment of its stake in Putu allows the company to focus on its owned flagship Nkout project and minimises shareholder dilution.
Afferro Mining (AFF) revealed it will hold a special meeting with shareholders on September 16 to vote on the takeover bid from AIM-traded iron ore peer International Mining & Infrastructure (IMIC) Bglobal (BGBL) has appointed KPMG to carry out a strategic review of the group''s business with a view to maximising the value of the company for all shareholders.
· Iron ore group Afferro Mining could be sticking around on the stock market for longer than expected after news of a potential strategic partner shifted the focus away from earlier takeover talks. The Cameroon-based junior advanced 2.3% to 77.25p after it signed a memorandum of understanding with the African arm of Korean steel firm Posco.
BBC Mines & Minerals is over two-decades old manufacturing company from Jaipur (Rajasthan) that has an active presence in the mining and mineral industry of India. We are a prestigious manufacturer, exporter, supplier (wholesaler & retailer)... Read More. Year of Establishment. 2005.
· The central government has closed down a number of illegal and smaller coal mines in recent years to reduce the number of accidents, the BBC''s Michael Bristow in Beijing says. But, he adds, the policies of the government to improve safety are not always enforced at local levels - and accidents like this one continue to happen.